Sunday, October 9, 2011

Finished! First Ever Sweater

Ahh!  Sunday morning.  Bloggy time.  Coffee, an Unusually Helpful Helper sleeping next to me.  Still dark.  Life is good.

I finished this awhile ago but just wasn't able to take a picture I liked.  I usually have no need to wear an object to show what it looks like, but in this instance flat and hanging images looked awful.

I have one that's OK, but considering I've worn it a couple of times and it fits!!! I felt I should wrap this up. 

See?   Not the best picture.  Certainly not very arty.  But it shows the color correctly and you can see the sweater details.


I really like the shell button.  It's nearly 2 inches across and has a great pearly shimmer.

I'm going to call this sweater Big Daddy 2.  Big daddy one was a commercially produced sweater that I and moths wore to rags.  I loved that sweater because it was super warm.  Unless its 75 degrees outside, I am freezing.  This new sweater is super yummy warm.  I'm loving it.  It will be in heavy rotation as the weather gets cooler.

I used Cascade Yarns 128 Superwash.  The pattern, Nimbus, was free on the Berroco yarn site.  It was easy to modify the body and sleeve length.



No comments:

Post a Comment