Sunday, September 25, 2011

Finished! Violet Crochet Pin

Earlier this summer the kidlet asked,  "How many projects are you workin' on Mom?". 

"Uhhh, I dunno.  Several."

"Do you ever finish any of them?  I only see you starting new ones." 

"I finish them?  Why?"

"I dunno.  Just askin'."

Doh!

I do finish things.  Really. She says to herself defensively.  I'm not saying that he didn't have a point.  There was a point were I began more than I finished this summer.  I mean, how many of you have projects stacked up?  You know, projects that need just need one or two things to finish them up?  Just a couple of hours.  Just one last little thing?

Or you're stuck.  You don't like how it's going, so the project goes into the "I'll work on it later" pile?  Come on, we all have them.  Don't kid a kidder.  I can see you averting your eyes.

Here's the thing.  It kind of bugged me.  I mean I have started more projects since he said it, but it's been lurking around in the back of my mind.  Interrupting my thoughts when I have the itch to put something aside. 

The kid is gooood.  Subversive guilt.  What can I say.  He learned from a pro.  (Mom, stop laughing!)

I did finish two projects this weekend.  (So there!)  I began two little crochet projects this summer when I was frustrated with a couple of knitting projects that weren't going smoothly.  Here's the first.

Itty bitty leaves.

Piecing things together.

A little peek inside one of the flowers.

And another.

I added a little felt piece to the back to tidy things up a bit.

Scale.  It really is very small.

And voila!  It reminds me of a tiny boquet of flowers.

The pattern can be found in this book, filled with lots of tiny little crochet goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment