Sunday, April 1, 2012

Great Day

Today was a great day!

I won the laundry war!  By 3pm.  Holy smoke.  I am totally bad ass.

The Kidlet returned to school after spring break.   Which was sad.  But I got my office, my workroom, my studio back.  Which was great.

I had a chance to work in the garden.  Alas, the weeds are winning.  Even though I have been cleaning up the garden for weeks.

It started to rain.  Again. So I went inside and began work on a quilt.  A Dresden plate pattern, but in batik.  Fabric I picked up after Christmas at Esther's Fabrics on Bainbridge Island.  This is a bucket list pattern for me.


A couple of weeks ago we went and saw a band called Rat City Brass - A Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass cover band.  They were great and everyone in the audience had a silly smile plastered across their faces.  It was like going back in time!  Today, Gary made a mixed tape of their greatest hits.  It was so much fun to listen to while I worked on my quilt.  I knew almost all the songs

Then I had a chance to go back outside with the camera and capture some snaps of spring in the Northwest.






Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love Tijauna Brass and the garden pics. Thanks Seeeeester.

    ReplyDelete