Saturday, April 14, 2012

Throwdown

The sweetie and I are season ticket holders for the Seattle Sounders.  The Seattle who?  Sounders - Major League Soccer.  It is way fun.  Especially as the days get longer, warmer and drier.  And today was a rock star day for a soccer game.

So you ask, "What does this have to do with crafty stuff?"  I'm getting there.  Bear with me.

What?  You don't care for soccer.  Never heard of it?  I get it.  But this is about more than that.

It's about at the game the sweetie making a casual comment that catching sports in action and whales in Maui are more challenging that taking pictures of flowers, fabric, and yarn.

WHAT?!? How could he say that?  Sometimes it is hard to take pictures of flowers... especially when the wind is blowing.  I have no defense for the fabric and yarn portion of his statement. 

Sweetie, you were right on that one, minuscule point.

OK, well I can't just let a statement like that lie there...  I'll show him action (mutter, mutter, mutter...)

Pre-game fun with flags waving


And chanting...


The national anthem... admittedly, not much action (or focus) in this shot.


A header by Zach Scott...  (see Sweetie?! Action!)


Which resulted in a Sounder's goal!  See the ball crossing the plane of the goal?  Holy smoke!


A save by the Colorado Rapid's keeper, jumping over the head of Fredy Montero.  Can't believe I caught this shot (or frankly, the goal!)


And the Sounders win 1-0!


Not too bad for someone who only takes pictures of fabric and flowers.  I'm waiting for my call from Sports Illustrated.  Just kidding. 

What great fun this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment