Friday, March 18, 2011

Japanese Flower Scarf - Finished!

I am so happy!  I finally have pictures of the finished scarf!  I posted them to Ravelry - which is an awesome site for all sorts of yarney people - but, alas, not here, yet.






The colors remind me of the water in Puget Sound, reflecting the grayish overtones of our winter skies in the Northwest.  Not like the bright colors of the ocean in Hawaii, but lovely nonetheless.

I took it off the blocking board yesterday.

More about the blocking board...  People use all sorts of methods to block finished yarney projects.  I was one of them.  I have pinned items to the carpet - not really carpet - area rugs.  To towels on on the carpet.  Lots of ways. Yarney projects take up a lot of real estate on the floor.  For a long time.  There's the walking around them.  Vacuuming beforehand (y'all know of my love affair with vacuuming - not!). 

The Sweetie is very particular about our hardwood floors which live under the area rugs.  It was going to be a matter of time, before he saw me spraying water on a rug and give me the raised eyebrow whammy.  Now, he is not in charge of me.  Although he thinks he is.  But I know when I am treading on a hot button point.  We have been together for a long time and I have discovered a few along the way.  We all have them (my list is long).  And the floor, for whatever reason, is one of his.  For me, it's cats on the kitchen counters - yuck!  Love 'em, but not on the counters.

Enough ramblin'...

So, I broke down and bought a real blocking board.  Yes, I know... they are not inexpensive.  Quite the opposite is true.  But I gotta tell you, I love it.  It has grid lines (which is great for the mohair granny square project currently on the board.  Pins stay put.  It's portable.  I can put the board, complete with attached project on a bed (not when people are in bed, of course), so it's up, off the floor.  It folds away into a closet when not it use.  I love it.  I picked it up at my favorite yarn store with a gift certificate I received for my birthday.  Super duper happy.

Oops, more rambling... The kidlet comes home for Spring Break this evening.  That means I lose my office/project room and it becomes a guest room for a week.  But it will be very nice to see him again.  It's been since Christmas break.  He's not a great communicator, so we have only heard from him a couple times since he's been back to school.  We've loaded up the fridge so I think we are ready (I can hear the floor joists groaning under the weight).  Now if he would only tell us if we need to pick him up at the train station or if he has a ride... 

No comments:

Post a Comment