Monday, March 7, 2011

Maui

Life's a beach.

Several months ago the sweetie booked a trip to Maui.  The trip has finally arrived.  We have been to Hawaii several times visiting most islands (except Molokai and Lanai).  It's been a few years since we were last here and I can tell you it's as wonderful as always.

The first couple of days were rainy.  No worries, because there are a lot of things to do in the rain.  Besides 75 to 80 degrees in the rain is so much better than the weather on much of the northern mainland.  No complaints here.

View from just outside where we are staying looking over to Molokai.


The 'Magic Bus' at a swap meet.  It was more Farmers Market, Craft Fair than real Swap Meet. 

There are more and more 'wild' chickens and roosters on Maui.  Not nearly as many as on Kaui, but more than years past.  We even saw them at the rental car place.



I'll post the name of this location as soon as I find it.  Don't happen to have it at my finger tips as I sit in this deck chair.  Rough life. ('Iao Needle)  There was a famous battle fought here.

The clouds parted just long enough for this fabulous sunset taken from our room.


I finished the City Tracks quilt top before I left home, but I can post pics any time.  I also finished the Japanese Flower Scarf - yesterday.  Still need to take pictures.

I will post about all of the whales around the islands when I have some photos.  You can see them playing with their new babies and the boys showing off trying to attract girls right from the beach.  Pretty amazing.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment