Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Japanese Flower Scarf

I've blogged about finishing my Japanese Flower Scarf while I was away.  I could have taken pictures of it while we were in Maui but alpaca and sandy beaches just didn't seem to go together very well.

I could have taken pictures over the weekend, but it poured rain and the lighting seemed dark.  Today while it was raining, I took a quick break and decided to block it.  Even with all the pins it looks so much better.

So what do you think happens?  The clouds clear late afternoon, early evening and the sun comes out.  I mean the real sun.  The kind that leaves shadows.  The kind that feels warm on your skin.  D'oh!  I could have blocked it over the weekend when it was yucky and I would've been ready to capture the perfect pic when the sun peaked out.  We will all just have to wait I guess.

When I finished the blue one, I started another.  This time in grey, dusty pink, and dusty purple.  Same delish alpaca yarn.  It is a super fun pattern and comes together so quickly.



I decided on a different layout for this one.  Instead of nesting the flowers together I placed them side by side.  Which leaves a good sized hole in the center of each 4 flower grouping.  I filled the hole with another smaller, layered flower.  And if I don't say so myself, I think it's pretty darn cute.

Here's a close up of the little flower.   Pretty and sweet.



And the bigger flower.  This will definitely need to be blocked, but right now it is relaxed, drapey goodness.  I have been much better about weaving in the tails as I go.  It looks much cleaner as I work on it and the task at the end is only a few ends rather than what feels like a gazillion.


And the Unusually Helpful Helper - Max.  Helping.


Max thinks yarn is the best thing... ever.  See how helpful he is?


With all of this help I decided to wrap up the photo session a little early.  I went into my office/guest room/project room to download my new pics.  And my Unusually Helpful Helper decides to lie on the un-pinned portion of the blue scarf! 

Dude!  You've already had loads of pets and snuggles today. 


Thank goodness I am not paying for this kind of assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment