Sunday, July 10, 2011

Finished! My First Knitting Project

I blabbed to everyone that I was learning to knit.  It was going to be a practice piece.  I will swear on a stack of bibles that it is riddled with mistakes.  But I kept slogging along, and it became a little easier each time I picked it up. 

Then before you know it I couldn't put it down.  There was a certain rhythm to it.  And it didn't seem to take a lot of effort to 'make fabric'.  I was working on it in the yarn group on Wednesday's.  Then going to work on the bus.  Then on the bus home from work.  Then instead of reading before going to bed.  On an airplane.  In cars.  Instead of blogging.  It was crazy.

Somewhere along the way, the Sweetie decided he liked it.  He didn't have to.  After all it was a practice piece.  Full of errors.  So a scarf for Sweetie it became.  I didn't finish in time for his birthday, but within a couple of days.

I thought it might go nicely with this knit jacket he already owns.


Eco Duo is an undyed variegated yarn.  The colors are in longer runs than dyed yarns which provided for nice wide stripes fading into one another.


Of course, it is alpaca.  It has a lovely drape.  Perfect for this project.  And super soft.  


I gave it to the Sweetie right after I finished weaving in the ends.  He wore it around the house for about an hour - in June.  Must be true love... or extra points in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment