Wednesday, July 27, 2011

In Search of a New Banner

Wandering around the garden in search for a new banner image I took about a gazillion pics.

The blueberries won partially because the photo turned out well, which is always a suprise to me.  But also because you can almost taste them.  And I must say, blueberries straight from the bush (no pesticides here) are to die for.  Seemed like the perfect summer photo.

These didn't make the cut, but were wonderful nonetheless. 

Hardy fushia.  These look like delicate little ballerina skirts to me.


Astillbe


Scarlet Runner Bean


For the life of me I can't recall the name of this plant.  I can tell you it gets quite tall - at over 5 feet.  Likes shade.  Has purplish-black leaves.  The name will come to me at some inconvenient time.  Like 2 a.m.


Angel's Fishing Rod.  This plant grows from corms.  Much of the year it looks like grass but mid-summer sends out long stems with a long row of flowers and bows like a fishing rod.



I don't recall the name of this one either.  I planted this one in the spring to replace a Nandina that went belly up in our sudden cold snap last November.  I like that the bees enjoy it.


Phygelius, a hummingbird favorite.


Mexican Daisy.  Aren't they sweet?  This would have made a cute banner, too.


And lastly , lavendar.  I should harvest this to make popurri and lavendar wands.  I love to run my hands on this as I walk by.  It smells so good.  In another couple of days, this will be covered with bumblebees.












No comments:

Post a Comment