Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lace Edge Crochet Scarf - Finished!

I know I blogged about this some time ago.  Just can't seem to remember when...

oh, June I guess.  Well that makes sense because I think I finished it at the end of June. 

Forgive me, my brain has turned to mush attempting to rollover an employer sponsored retirement program into an IRA.  But that's a sad story for another day.  I'm in the biz and had to call for help.  Super embarrassing.

Then there was another conversation about replacing the front door which at 70+ years of sun, rain, and no overhang to protect is started to show it's age.  Which hinges should we use? Interlocking weather stripping? Double dead bolts?  Replacing the threshold?  Having the hardword floor people make some touch ups?  Good lord!  We've covered these points 10 times.  Just get on with it all ready.

The Sweetie wants me to call the the Kidlet - who's home for the summer but seems to be MIA today - and ask him if he is going to the Sounders Friendly Game against Manchester United tomorrow (soccer).   My solution will be to tape a note and ticket to the bathroom mirror and call it good.  We've talked about this 10 times too.

So I am in rare snarly, snarky form.  Perfect for showing you the pics of my most recently finished project. 

I thought I would show you how it might be worn.  I have a motorcycle inspired jacket in gray wool.  With some dark jeans, high heeled booties, the scarf would soften the look a little.  Doesn't everyone hang outfits in the garden and take pictures?  The neighbors are going to have me committed.


This is the soft wool side.


And the silk side. 


Wrap this bad boy around a couple times and laugh at the cold!  And look hot doing it!  I feel the snarkiness leaving already.

No comments:

Post a Comment