Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Knit Cap... to go with the scarf

I had a skein of yarn remaining after I finished my first ever knit scarf for the Sweetie.  I thought I would make a quick hat.

This would require that I learn the other stitch in knitting - the purl stitch.  Back to the cyberseams website to watch another video...about a thousand times.   I grabbed some left over yarn and decided to practice.

First ribbing where you alternate knit and purl stitches.  And the stockinette stitch.  Hey, cool.  It doesn't suck.  How cool is that?!


So, on with the project.  The pattern was also found on the cyberspace site  Basic hat.  Perfect for a rookie. I had to use ribbing, the stockinette stitch and figure out decreases.

And the end result... drum roll...


It's time for a  close up.  And if you've been knitting for 10 minutes more than me, you will see a basic flaw.  Which I discovered on another piece.  But that's a blog for another day...



Flaw or not, it's still super duper soft and I am thrilled that I have two stitches in my repertoire.  Whoo Hoo for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment