Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chair Covers - Again

Good news...  I have finished 4, (yup, four) of the chair covers for the dining room.  I am super excited as this means there are only two more to go. 

Bad news... I only have pictures of the first two.  And not great pics at that. 

Great news... They received the Sweetie "Thumbs Up Seal of Approval".  With a comment, "These look really good."  I don't need the Sweetie seal of approval to feel good about my projects, but it is extra nice to get it.

Here's the first one.  I cut out the corners where the ties are.  This made putting on the binding a little snarky, but by the fourth one I came up with a pretty effective system.



And here's the second.  For reasons I can't explain, Blogger is posting this picture sideways.  What 'evs.  Just tilt your head a little to this side.  No?  Maybe the other side...


Here.  Maybe this is a little better.


Then today I received some really great news - completely unrelated to chair covers.

I have a new job, which is fabulous news, which I began this week.  Generally speaking, professional service firms and blogging don't mix.  You know, the understandable separation of church and state and all that.  So, you won't hear me mention work often on these pages.

But today...  I learned there is a Yarn Group at work!   Folks who get together regularly at lunch to knit, crochet, etc.  You know, yarny stuff.  Other people who think yarny stuff is cool and hip. 

I almost fell over.  I thought it was super cool and can't wait to show up to one of their meetings.  What a great way to meet people from other departments.  This is gonna be fun. 

Did I mention I was super excited?  Dude, I'm tellin' ya, I'm super excited!  I hope it's fun.  I bet it's gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment