Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Crochet Project for 2011

Here is a photo of the scarf I mentioned in my last post

 I was able to capture the late afternoon sun - yes, sun on a cool winter day in Seattle.  As we say locally, 'the mountain was out', meaning Mt. Rainier was not obscured by clouds.  It was gorgeous.



Oh, back to the scarf...  I am new to photography, within the last two weeks, so I am not sure I have captured the colors very well.  They are bright apple green, forest green and a blend with a little blue and lavender.  The stitch is a simple single crochet and the project rocketed along very quickly.  It was fun.



I have also been working on a small quilted throw for my  home office/guest room.  At this time, I would like to introduce a couple of my assistants.

This is Max, who is testing to make certain my unfinished top will pass the nap test.  He was, in fact, napping until the camera flash.

...and Jupiter who was helping with the binding.  You have to look closely but there is red binding thread in his mouth.  They are super helpful.

I have always used cotton batting, but will be trying something new for this project: 

This is made of recycled soda bottles, similar to fleece.  It will not shrink when washed, like cotton does.  Which means I won't get that vintage puckered look.  That's Ok for this project.  I'll be sure to send I photo when it's complete.

Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment