Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Signs of Life in the Universe

I recently went back to Wisconsin to visit the folks.  Around the 20th of January for a surprise birthday celebration.  Good golly it was cold.  -22 one morning without windchill.  Makes me shiver again just at the thought.  The snow pile at the end of the driveway was as tall as my Mom - and we are not known to be height challenged. 

I was there only a few days and was grateful to return to Seattle where it was in the mid 40's and raining.  Oh my gosh, our version of winter felt so good.  Unfortunately for folks back east, even more snow has fallen since.  Per my mom, the pile is now taller than she.  That's a lot of snow.

This next batch of photos is for family back east.  Spring will come.  I have seen the signs.

Snow drops,


Evergreen clematis sending out new growth,


Lenten Rose (one of the overly helpful helpers helped with the focus),

Day lilies sending up new shoots,


Magnolia buds (kinda looks like Woosie Pillows),

and Sweet Box which smell heavenly when brought indoors.

Think Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment