Sunday, February 6, 2011

Procrastination

Once I admitted procrastination about fixing my quilt, I felt bad.  How would it look if I continued to leave this project behind in favor of others?  Would it would begin to feel left out - perhaps develop self confidence issues?  Would it move to the bottom of the pile, literally, as other more current projects stack on top of it...?

Did you ever notice that quilt and guilt are only one letter apart? 

So, I started picking out the original quilting.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I had made it out to be in the earlier post.  Certainly time consuming but there is a rhythm to it after awhile.  Almost meditative... almost.  It is certainly more satisfying to add stitches than to take them out.

I also had an 'overly helpful helper' who was fascinated by the thread - aka Mad Max.  So there was pouncing and attacking by the 'overly helpful helper' to ensure I didn't become too zen in the process. 

I laid the quilt out again, taking out the old basting stitches in favor of quilting pins.  The 'overly helpful helpers' - both of them this time, were on hand to assist.  Ripping out long sections of thread was just too irresistible to ignore.  They were on hand to observe the pinning process but that was not nearly as much fun. They since have found their favorite places to nap.  Hmmm.  I am using quilting pins from now on.

Now I am ready to quilt.  But, alas, procrastination (or perhaps responsibility) strikes again.  This time in the shape of household chores - folding laundry, a trip to the grocery store, vacuuming, etc. 

Perhaps quilting can be my reward at the end of my domestic diva stint today.

No comments:

Post a Comment